Santorini is one of the more beautiful islands in all of Greece. This town is a great place to go when you want to relax and just get away for awhile. I think with some tips you will be able to have a very memorable vacation there.
You are going to want to stay in a nice hotel on the beach. There are many hotels and villas in Santorini offered but most of them charge exorbitant fees. One that does not is the Hotel Atlantis.
Locals know about this hotel which is located right on the coast and offers one of the best views in all of Greece. The only problem with this hotel was the hard beds.
Another thing that Santorini is known for is its restaurants. They have some of the best int he world. The Blue Note Restaurant is probably the best one in town. It has easy booking even though it is the most popular eating hotspot in Santorini. Things are moderately priced and the cuisine is exquisite.
Mama Thira Taverna Has a great volcano view and should be your first stop when looking for a place to have a drink in town. The staff is very friendly and the drink specials are really good deals so check it out.
Of course the best thing about Santorini is the beaches. You can get a great view of the sunset from here, best on the planet. It is like the sun is so close you can touch it even as it lowers. This will truly be one of the best trips of your life. Good luck!
- Maleme, Crete – sightseeing and things to do
- Suda Bay, Crete – Things to do
- Historic Sites in Greece: UNESCO World Heritage List
- Meteora, Greece – Majestic, mystical and almost divine
- Zakynthos, beautiful Greek Ionian island with lovely, sandy beaches
- Peloponnese, Greece: ancient Greek sites, beautiful view and clean beaches
- Macedonia, Greece: things to do and see in the largest region of Greece
- Delphi, Greece – one of Greece’s most visited tourist spots
- Paros, Greece Holidays: visiting a traditional Greek island
- 5 Great reasons to visit Athens, Greece
- The best islands of the Cyclades, Greece
- Thessaloniki, Greece: main tourist attractions
- Santorini, Greece: a visitor guide
- Things to do in Patra, Greece
- Things to do in Ios, Greece