Greece really can be a great family destination has it has such variety and is so diverse . You will however need to research your choice of holiday destination and also check out the best times to visit .
Mainland Greece and the Greek Islands can get very hot in the middle of Summer . It may be that if you are traveling with younger children you do not want to holiday when temperatures soar and the holiday makers sizzle . I have been on beaches in Greece when the sand is so hot you cannot bear to even tiptoe across it to the sea without footwear on .
One of the nice things however about Greece is the Greeks as they adore children and you will feel your kids are perfectly safe . Also they make children very welcome in hotels and restaurants . As with everywhere nowadays you will still need to watch over your children as you never know , especially about other tourists .
What you will find in Greece is there are many hotels which cater particularly for families . These often have children’s clubs and additional activities . There are many recently opened water parks where children big and little can have a whale of a time .
Never forget that Greece has a fascinating history and culture . There are a million and one museums , galleries and archaeological sites . There is swimming , scuba diving and snorkeling where you can see wondrous fish and or turtles . Most Greek beaches have glass bottomed boat cruises , banana rides , paragliding and other boat trips .
Wherever you travel to in Greece you will find wonderful scenery where you can walk safely . Decide what sort of family vacation you are looking for and I bet you can find it in Greece .
Greece Hotel Deals
- 5 Great reasons to visit Athens, Greece
- The best islands of the Cyclades, Greece
- Rhodes Holidays – the island of the sun and the island of the knights
- Greek Island Holidays – over two thousand islands to choose from
- Santorini Holidays – an experience you will never forget
- Paros, Greece Holidays: visiting a traditional Greek island
- Island hopping in Greece
- Stalis – popular resort on the east of Crete
- Gerani, Crete – unspoilt and is worth wandering
- Gortyn – largest and one of the most important archaeological sites in Crete
- Kalives, Crete – a charming village on Drapano Peninsula
- Elafonisi Island, Crete
- Agia Galini, Crete South Coast – nothing but tavernas, bars, gift shops and rooms to rent
- Lassithi, Crete – excellent wines and whitewashed windmills
- Paleochora, Crete – excellent sandy beaches
- Rethymnon, Crete – popular choice for visitors to the west of the island
- Malia, Crete Holidays – number one clubbing destination for Brits
- Athens beaches – best beach facilities around Athens coast
- Summer Holidays in Kefalonia, Greece
- Super Paradise Beach, Mykonos – Naturists Enjoy Curving Sandy Bay
- Santorini Sunset: where to stay in Santorini for the best views – Santorini villas, hotels and apartments
- Dodecanese Holidays: Patmos, Lipsi and Agathonissi
- Kalymnos, Greece: Climbing Vacation or Beach Holidays
- Chios, Greece – Stunning Beaches and Medieval Trips in the Past
- Naxos Holidays – the biggest island of the Cyclades archipelago
- Samos Holidays – sunny weather, famous beaches
- Kea Island Holidays – marvellous beaches and interesting places to visit
- Ikaria Holidays – Ikaria Island will not disappoint
- Spetses Island holidays – enjoy a traditional Greek Island
- Best beaches in Greek islands
- Nude beaches in Greece
- Best beaches in Greece: Santorini Caldera perfect for romantic travellers
- Greece for a great family vacation