Aigialos, in the most desirable location in Fira, quiet and peaceful yet not to far from the hustle and bustle, is a microcosm of the town, a delightful mixture of vernacular and Neoclassical architecture. On the very rim of the caldera, the most spectacular spot in Santorini, overlooking the volcano and Aegean sea, and blessed with the loveliest sunset in the world, Aigialos is an unspoilt neighborhood on the southwest Fira, surrounded by three streets.
Located next to the Byzantine church of Christ (18th century), Aigialos is a complex of 16 luxurious traditional and Neoclassical houses combining the charm of Cycladic architecture with all modern comforts. Set among quaint cobbled walk ways, all l6 houses named after the winds, offer a magnificent view of the caldera, the volcano and the Aegean from their verandas and balconies.
Each house has been remodelled especially for discerning guests, to the highest specifications yet with absolute respect for tradition. The buildings has been restored by master masons using local volcanic stone and coloured lime plaster, using the same techniques as their forefathers. The houses combine the traditional nobility and beauty of the Cycladic architecture with discreet luxury and ever modern convenience.
Tastefully furnished with traditional pieces, antiques, decorated with old Greek Maps (17th- 18th Century), old lamps and some museum pieces. The houses are provided with air conditioning throughout, marble bathrooms, refrigerator-bar, TV, stereophonic music and direct-dial telephone. All 16 houses have a spacious full-length sitting room with vaulted ceiling, off which leads the master bedroom with internal windows and sills, where one can dream of other worlds and other ages. Marble reigns throughout, on the floors, on the verandas, in the bathrooms. More luxury hotels in Santorini.
Aigialos guarantees absolute security and is ideal for small VIP conferences, with fax, secretariat and full facilities. Aigialos also offers a swimming pool equipped with a relaxing Spa and counter swim unit, a pool-side bar, a snack bar, and the world’s most glorious sunset from the three-level bar and all verandas and terraces and a Gourmet Restaurant. Transportation is provided from and the points of arrival and departure.
- Historic Sites in Greece: UNESCO World Heritage List
- Rhodes Holidays – the island of the sun and the island of the knights
- Greek Island Holidays – over two thousand islands to choose from
- Santorini Holidays – an experience you will never forget
- Zakynthos, beautiful Greek Ionian island with lovely, sandy beaches
- Peloponnese, Greece: ancient Greek sites, beautiful view and clean beaches
- Macedonia, Greece: things to do and see in the largest region of Greece
- Delphi, Greece – one of Greece’s most visited tourist spots
- Paros, Greece Holidays: visiting a traditional Greek island
- 5 Great reasons to visit Athens, Greece
- The best islands of the Cyclades, Greece
- Best beaches in Greece: Santorini Caldera perfect for romantic travellers
- Thessaloniki, Greece: main tourist attractions
- Best mountain destinations in Greece
- Santorini, Greece: a visitor guide
- Where to get the best value holidays for your money
- Things to do in Patra, Greece
- Things to do in Ios, Greece
- Greece for a great family vacation
- Philippion Hotel Santorini
- Armeni Village Santorini
- Aigialos Hotel Santorini
- Enigma Suites, Santorini
- CSky Suites, Santorini
- Dana Villas, Santorini – Combine your wedding with unforgettable holidays!
- Hotel reviews: Aris Caves, Santorini, Greece
- Hotel reviews: Anastasis Apartments, Santorini, Greece