This video guide will showcase 20 items to do in Athens, Greece:
1) Parthenon (Παρθενών – Παρθενώνας)
two) Erechtheion (Erechtheum) Ἐρέχθειον – Ερέχθειο)
three) The Philopappos Monument (Μνημείο Φιλοπάππου) on Mouseion Hill
4) Traditional Greek Food (Greek Salad, Saganaki and Moussaka)
5) Mount Lycabettus (Lykabettos or Lykavittos – Λυκαβηττός)
six) Evening views of Athens
7) Temple of Zeus at Olympia
8) Arch of Hadrian (Αψίδα του Αδριανού – Hadrian’s Gate)
9) Monastiraki Flea Market & Vintage Market
ten) Greek Street Meals (Souvlaki – σουβλάκι and Gyro Pita – γύρος)
11) Street Art in Psirri (Psyri or Psiri or Psyrri or Psirri – Ψυρρή ή Ψυρή)
12) Kerameikos Cemetery (Νεκροταφείο Κεραμικού)
13) Altering of the Guard
14) National Garden (Royal Garden – Εθνικός Κήπος)
15) Athens Central Industry – Agora
16) Agora (Ἀγορά Agorá)
17) Acropolis Museum (Μουσείο Ακρόπολης)
18) Plaka (Pláka – Πλάκα)
19) Hadrian’s Library
20) Greek Cooking Class (Learning how to make Greek Food and Greek Cuisine)
We sincerely hope this travel guide to Athens, Greece is a good primer and introduction to Greek culture, Greek Food (Greek Cuisine), and quite a few attractions and issues to do and see in the city. We cover arts, entertainment, museums and architecture we feel is worth exploring. In terms of tourism this travel video attempts to take you to all of the popular websites as properly as numerous of the off-the-beaten-path spots you could have otherwise missed out on.
Athens (Greek: Αθήνα, Athína – Ἀθῆναι)
20 Items to do in Athens Greece Top Attractions Travel Guide Transcript:
Well, excellent afternoon from sunny Athens. We are at present exploring the Greek capital. We lately actually spent a handful of days traveling around Meteora and now we’re finishing up our trip right here in Athens. We’ve got two full days to discover the city which isn’t a lot of time but we’re going to attempt to do our very best. So let’s get ready and commence exploring.
Our first stop was a single of the most recognized sights in Athens – the Parthenon, which was committed to the goddess Athena who was seen as the patron of Athens.
After sunset we lingered atop Mount Lycabettus for some evening views of the city prior to taking the funicular down to the bottom. Seeing the Acropolis all lit up at night was a quite cool sight!
Next up we visited the Temple of Zeus which once housed the statue of Zeus, and was regarded 1 of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient Globe.
When it comes to shopping, there are a few different options. We made our way to Monastiraki, which is one particular of the principal shopping districts in Athens. Here we visited both the Flea Market place and the antique shops in the area.
The Agora was the central spot in ancient Greek city-states, and it is where folks gathered.
So we are wrapping up our time right here in Athens. Any surprises or final thoughts to share? Yeah, some thing that truly surprised me were just the amount of stray animals that I saw on the streets. Lots of cats and dogs.
I also thought there was actually good dining possibilities as properly. We had a number of really good Greek meals and also some really excellent International meals too.
Final thoughts, I feel this is a truly underrated capital in Europe. A lot like Warsaw in Poland so if you have an chance to visit Athens in Greece undoubtedly do so.
So what did you think of Athens? Well, I thought it was a genuinely cool city and I in fact had a fantastic time here. It sort of reminded me a tiny bit of Tel Aviv with the Mediterranean feel but also Berlin simply because it is quite artsy and gritty. So it’s a truly cool location to verify out. Fantastic food, lots of attractions. You have a mix of antiquity with urban. So it is actually exciting and it is as opposed to any place I’ve been prior to, so I would highly advise it.
And that’s a wrap for Athens! We hope you enjoyed this city guide and that it’ll come in handy when you plan your own trip. If you have any a lot more ideas of activities that travelers should not miss, really feel totally free to share those in the comments below.
This is component of our Travel in Greece series. We’re generating a series of videos showcasing Greek culture, Greek arts, Greek foods, Greek religion, Greek cuisine and Greek folks.
Greece Hotel Deals
- 5 Great reasons to visit Athens, Greece
- The best islands of the Cyclades, Greece
- Koufonisia Islands, Greece – Paradise on Earth
- 23 Very best things to do in Athens, Greece – Best Attractions Athens
- Leros September 2015
- Sifnos 2015
- Porto Heli – A Summer Paradise
- Nisyros Island, Greece
- Astypalea 2015
- What to do with 10 euros in Thessaloniki!
- Holidays in Crete, Greece, 2015
- 36 Hours in Athens
- Karpathos – island of incomparable beauty
- Chania – A journey to your senses
- Lassithi plateau, Dikti mountains, Crete
- Skopelos Beaches
- Lefkada Beaches
- Zante, Zakynthos – Greece
- The City of Patras
- Epidaurus – The Greatest Theatre
- Pelion, Greece
- Santorini Vacation Travel Guide
- Patras, Greece – Travel Channel
- The Best of Crete
- Chios Island – Greece – “The Weeping Isle”
- Paros Island, Greece
- Sporades 2015
- Like a Bird (in Thessaloniki Greece)
- Skyros island, Greece
- Crete, Greece: Atmosphere of Rethymno
- Kefalonia 2015
- Santorini, Greece – one of the most well-liked holiday locations
- Gythio, Peloponnese, Greece – Travel Channel
- Greece Travel Guide – Explore the most well-known destinations in Greece
- Lesbos – (Lesvos) – Greece
- 20 things to do in Athens, Greece Travel Guide
- Skiathos Island family holiday